CREA OCCAT | Young creators on social networks in Catalan and Occitan
A new roadmap was approved in 2021, which is committed to a strong culture with a Euroregional Mediterranean identity. In this sense, with regard to the strategic axis of culture, the Euroregion wants to enhance the value of its Euroregional languages and new cultures: boosting the practice and exchanges between young people around Euroregional languages and culture, and facilitating social integration and exchanges related to respect for cultural and linguistic diversity.
Within this framework, a competition is being promoted for young creators on social networks in Catalan and Occitan in the Euroregion.
We are looking for youth initiatives on social networks that promote the use of Catalan and Occitan so as to acknowledge the value / quality of youth initiatives that generate a positive impact on Catalan and Occitan in society, influence the way these languages are perceived and promote knowledge, presence and use in the youth community.
Individuals, informal groups or entities aged between 14 and 30, linked to the territories of the Euroregion (Catalonia, Balearic Islands and Occitania).
- To promote the use of the Catalan and Occitan languages in all areas of society.
- Foster youth initiatives that promote the use of the Catalan and Occitan languages among young people on the Internet.
- Involve citizenship in Euroregional action and young people in particular in the context of the European Year of Youth.
- Encourage linguistic and cultural exchanges between regions.
- Support young people who create or present content on any subject on social networks in Catalan and Occitan.
Timing and operation
- Call open from 29 September 2023 to 8 January 2024 for Line 2 (19-30) and until 12 March 2024 for Line 1 (14-18)
Individuals or groups wishing to enter the competition should send their application via the online form, following the documentation defined in the rules below.
Open / Download:
Press release with the winners of 2022 Contest