This strategic axis, the keystone of the creation of the Euroregion Pyrenees Mediterranean ─ notably from 2010, when the first call for cultural subsidies was launched ─ was structured into two main objectives between 2017 and 2020.
- On the one hand, the objective was to strengthen the cohesion and social integration of the three territories, particularly among young people;
- On the other, it chose to develop a vision of renewed dynamic culture, open to abroad and respectful of its past, always based on the cultural actors while proposing a European perspective.
In 2019, the Euroregional culture call was recognised by the Association of European Border Regions (ARFE) with a special award for the promotion, in the long term, of border cooperation.
Through its 2030 road map, the Euroregion will promote a strong culture with a Mediterranean euroregional identity through:
- A shared, innovative culture.
- Embracing the Euroregional languages as well as new cultures.
- A region open to other cultures and other places.
In order to meet these objectives, the Euroregion continues to be committed to specific calls for the support of the Euroregional cultural economy.
After 11 years of calls, in 2020 a specific call was launched to help young creators to face the Covid crisis and this support for the Euroregional cultural sector is likely to continue over the next few years.